In the interest of making this post less long-winded, I think I’ll let the pictures save me writing (and you reading) a thousand words and just briefly outline the basic info. My dad drove in from Calgary the day after Duncan and I put up the basic frame. Dad and I then took about another 6 days to: install the polyethylene; install 2X4 supports underneath each hoop; replace the 1X2 side purlins with EMT, build removable ends, one with a door; attach purlins to the line of 2X4’s running down the centre of the tunnel; install plant shelving and a potting counter down the centre; wash the inside and outside of the polyethylene; build a secondary enclosed and propane-heated volume within the tunnel for seed germination at higher temperatures; lay down lumber wrap over the whole “floor”; and move all of our potting stuff into the tunnel. Before he left, 10 or so days after arriving, Dad also helped me build a slanted wash station, prepare another seed bed adjacent to the 13 we already used last year, and prepare the squash plot.
He must be worn out. I know I am.